Venice and the Veneto - Michelin Green GuideMichelin
With the updated Green Guide Venice and the Veneto you’re all set to dive down winding streets and across hump-backed bridges through Venice’s picturesque neighborhoods as you explore the city and outlying islands of Murano, Torcello and Burano. Michelin’s famed star-rating system helps you choose amongst stunning attractions and sights, while detailed maps, color photos, walking tours and advice on shopping, hotels and restaurants complete the picture for an unforgettable trip.
· Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelin's celebrated star-rating system. Enjoy the sights on either side of the iconic 3-star Grand Canal from the back of a bustling vaporetto, or explore the 1-star La Fenice area and its fascinating little shops where you can and books, masks, art and glass.
· Walk-throughs of Venice’s many museums, galleries, churches and attractions, such as the Doges’ Palace and Saint Mark's Basilica; includes photos, illustrations and floor plans to zoom in on the highlights and masterpieces.
· Multiple walking tours abound to discover the scenic and historic corners of the city. For a change take a few days to explore the sights along the spectacular Dolomite Road, or try some of the many excursion suggestions while discovering the Veneto. Michelin walking and driving tours offer a more in-depth, personal experience of the region.
· Comprehensive-illustrated sections on modern-day Venice, its rich history, nature, architecture, art and culture, all written by experts.
· Sidebars on such topics as the historical setting for Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, and a Renaissance palazzo layout.
· Detailed visitor information given for attractions: opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone and website. Michelin area/city maps.
· Includes recommendations for great places to eat/stay for all budgets.
· Travelers to Venice looking for detailed travel information.
· Discerning travelers seeking unique, enriching travel experiences.