Careers at Abrams & Chronicle Books
INDEPENDENT BOOKSHOP SALES MANAGER
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and organised professional to join our growing sales team as our Independent Bookshop Sales Manager. In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects of our business with independent bookshops across the UK for our books, stationery, puzzles, toys and games. The job is primarily office-based, with occasional travel and
overnight stays around the country.
- Overarching responsibility for developing and implementing the independent bookshop sales strategy across the UK
- Manage sales into key independent bookstores with a direct responsibility for selling into accounts such as Daunts, Forbidden Planet, Queen Park Books, South Kensington Books, Booklove, Artwords, Sevenoaks Bookshop, Topping, Rough Trade, and more
- Provide accounts with all relevant information, and curate and present products from across our entire publisher base
- Timely processing of orders and dealing with queries from customers
- Work closely with gift agents who sell into small indies across the country
- Attend sales conferences and trade fairs (London Book Fair, Top Drawer, Gardners)
- First point of contact for Bookseller’s Association and Bookshop.org
- Maintain and update Edelweiss; creating publisher and seasonal catalogues, keeping our brand page and data feed up-to-date
- Liaising with the marketing team and publishers to find creative ways to maximise sales with individual customers.
- Provide regular call reports
What we’re looking for
- Experience in book sales
- Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with customers and sales agents
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, supported by strong attention to detail, enthusiasm and professionalism
- A talent for managing multiple projects and prioritizing time
- Ability to work proactively and on own initiative
- Basic Excel proficiency
- A team player
Abrams & Chronicle Books is a successful distributor of a wide range of award-winning books, gifts, stationery, and games.
This role is a full-time hybrid position working at least 3 days in the office in Smithfield, London.
Benefits include: enrolment in a Healthcare cash plan, annual travel card loan, 25 days holiday a year, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, rental deposit scheme, generous staff discount on books, online access to the British Sign Language course.
Abrams and Chronicle Books values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Please apply by sending a full CV and a covering letter stating your experience to Davide Ambrosi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: £28k-30k plus bonus
Closing date: 11 Oct 2023