Dordogne-Berry-Limousin - Michelin Green GuideMichelin
The updated Michelin Green Guide Dordogne Berry Limousin presents some of the most visited, and some of the least visited, areas in France. Visitors will recognise the Dordogne and the Quercy, characterised by river valleys, castles and caves. The Berry and Limousin areas with their unspoiled countryside and plateaux are not so well known but definitely worth a visit. The guides star-rating system for attractions, colourful maps, recommendations for accommodations and restaurants, and driving and walking tours ensure an enjoyable and successful visit.
• Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelin's celebrated star-rating system, from the 1-star prehistoric cave paintings in the Grotte de Rouffignac to the 3-star hillside village and pilgrimage site of Rocamadour.
• Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions so you don't miss a thing.
• Michelin walking and driving tours offer an in-depth, personal experience of the region. Wind through one of several idyllic river valleys with picturesque villages and castles perched high above. For a sense of history, stroll through the twisting medieval streets of old town centers.
• Comprehensive illustrated sections on the Dordogne and Berry area's nature, art, architecture and history, written by experts in their fields.
• Sidebars highlight intriguing topics such as world-renowned Limoges porcelain and fortified towns known as bastides.
• Detailed visitor information given for attractions, opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website. Michelin area and city maps.
• Includes recommendations for great places to eat/stay for all budgets.
• Michelin Green Guides feature comprehensive, concise travel information for advance trip planning as well as spontaneous decisions during the visit.